The Indian monsoon is at its peak, and the rain showers are not going to go away anytime soon. But who says you have to let your style statement suffer just because it’s dull and gloomy outside? With the right make-up products and technique, you can doll up in no time. All that’s left is to step out with your prettiest umbrella and brighten up the weather.
For sweat-proof, long-lasting make-up that does not melt in humid weather, the key is to keep it really simple and minimal.
For a face that’s beautiful and hydrated:
Start with a primer for oily skin. It helps to mortify the skin and prevent make-up from trickling down your face along with sweat.
Make sure to stick to the bare essentials. Conceal the under-eye area and dark spots.
To brave the monsoon without make-up woes, use a lightweight foundation. Since they are light on the skin, tinted moisturisers can also do the trick. You could try mixing liquid foundation with moisturiser as well.
Avoid using powders. They tend to form cake-y patches on the skin.
Set your make-up with a hydrating spray to fix all the minerals in place.
Pro tip: Always carry a supply of paper towels or blotting paper in your purse. (Even better if they are soft on your skin.) Remove excess oil or sweat by dabbing away on your face with them. And remember, do not rub your skin while you’re wearing make-up.
For eyes that speak volumes:
Apply an eye primer, followed by a light layer of soft, shimmery eye shadow.
During the monsoon, choose a waterproof, long-wear and smudge-proof gel eyeliner to make your eyes shine (but without black goop running down your cheeks).
Curl and elongate the lashes with a waterproof mascara, and finish the look by defining the eyebrows.
For cherry lips that pop:
Use a lip tint to glam up the look.
You may want to avoid wearing dark colours on particularly bright sunny days, for they look a little harsh in the sun. Go for lighter, brighter hues to make your lips pop.
Products we recommend
- Mattifying Primers: Clinique Superprimer Face Primer, Universal Face Primer, Smashbox Photo Finish Mattify Primer Stick
- Tinted Moisturiser: Bobbi Brown Nude Finish Tinted Moisturiser, NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser
- Foundation: MAC, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox
- Concealer: MAC, Maybelline, Bobbi Brown
- Hydrating Spray: MAC Prep and Prime Fix+, NYX Makeup Setting Spray
- Eyebrows: Benefit Brow Pomade
- Mascara: Benefit Cosmetics, Maybelline, Bobbi Brown
- Gel Liner: Maybelline, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox
- Eye Primer: MAC Prep and Prime
- Lip Tint: Benefit Cosmetics Benetint